Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guns and Dating


I, frankly, don't give a damn about gun owners. The Second Amendment be damned. The nut in Aurora was able to buy four guns and more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition legally. Don't give me arguments that one can buy knives, slingshot or just carry around a brick. Those are tough to reload.

We've lived too long with this dreadfulness and that's an understatement. Sure, we could debate "rights," but those debates have gone on pretty close to my entire life, with nothing resolved, nothing.

In my life, as I've said before, I've been injured by guns, but in war zones. I grew up, and granted, the times were different, without weapons in the house or apartments. But times were not so different for my kids, yet no issues with guns.
Enough from that tangent of my anger. Consider this one: Little, if anything, will be accomplished by Mr. Biden's committee. Sure, it'll develop some "reasonable," if there is such thing, basic premises for legislation. However, if our Congress, now known by academics and political historians as the least accomplished in history, if not the worst, does anything it'll be as weak as the tea I've been drinking for the past week or so.

But while polling shows most of the nation, a majority, wants new regulations, it won't happen and that's in good measure because of us: We keep electing the well-paid buffoons. Perhaps in 2014 you'll think about who you check off at the polls.

On to one of newer favorite topics: Dating sites. As I've written before, I was a subscriber to a couple of them. I let one expire last month and the other just went yesterday. In fairness, I remain a subscriber to one that's free.

That said, I continue to believe that I am not all suitable for anyone in my demographic, unless they're throwbacks to the old "Beat Generation."

No comments:

Post a Comment